Slow cooked lamb pieces in delicious Moroccan spices with chickpeas and coriander. Tear up some flat bread and tuck in to this rich-tasting supper that’s packed with taste.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 20 minutes
What You Need
- 1tbsp grapeseed oil
- 600g lamb pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 150g ready to eat dates, stones removed
- 2 tbsp Meridian date syrup
- 450ml lamb (or beef) stock
- 1 preserved lemon, sliced thinly
- small bunch of coriander
- Flat breads to serve.
What You Do
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan. Heat the oil in a large, hob to oven, lidded casserole dish and brown the lamb. Do it in two batches if necessary. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Reduce the heat to medium and cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes, with the lid on, until soft. Add the spices to the pan and stir well.
- Tip in the chickpeas, dates and syrup and return the lamb to the pan. Stir well to coat everything in the spices and cook for a few minutes. Pour over the stock, add the lemons, stir again and season to taste.
- Put the lid on the casserole dish or transfer the stew to a tagine and cook for 1hr 20 minutes. Stir well and check the seasoning. Serve topped with chopped coriander and flat breads.
Please credit www.meridianfoods.co.uk
Share this post
Products Related to this Recipe
Natural Date Syrup 330g