- 2 star anise, ground in a coffee grinder or pestle and mortar
- 200g Meridian Almond Butter (Smooth or Crunchy)
- 325g self raising flour
- 125g caster sugar
- 100g dried cranberries
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
Makes 20 biscuits
- Heat the oven to 180C/ 160C fan/Gas 4. Grind the star anise to a powder. Put the almond butter, flour and anise powder into a food processor and whizz for a minute to form breadcrumbs. Tip into a bowl and stir through the sugar and cranberries.
- In a small bowl beat the egg yolks with 3tbsp water then tip into the biscuit crumb. Mix to a dough. This is quite crumbly dough so you’ll need to get your hands into the bowl to bring it all together.
- Roll out onto a floured surface to approximately ½ cm thick then cut into 20 biscuits. Lay onto greased baking sheets and bake for 20mins until they are light brown.
- Remove from the oven, transfer to a cooking rack then dust with icing sugar. Keep in an airtight tin for up to 2 weeks.
Share this post
Products Related to this Recipe