- 500g Pork fillet
- 4tbsp Meridian Cashew butter (Smooth or Crunchy)
- 2tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 1 chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1tbsp honey
- 1tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Heat the oven to 200C/ fan 180C/ Gas 6. Season the pork with salt and pepper all over and rub in a tsp of oil. Combine all the remaining ingredients into a smooth paste.
- In a hot frying pan, sear the pork on each side then transfer to a roasting dish. Spread the cashew butter over the top and down the sides of the fillet and cook in the oven for 25-30mins. Check halfway through and if its browning too quickly turn the oven down 20C.
- Check the meat is cooked through then set aside to rest for 5mins. Once ready to eat, slice the pork into medallions approximately 1cm thick.
- Serve with a salad of crunchy Chinese leaf and grated carrot dressed with sesame oil.
Cook’s tip – Check the pork is cooked by inserting the point of a sharp knife into the thickest part of the chop, hold it there for 30 seconds then remove it and carefully touch it against your lip. If it’s hot the pork is cooked, if not then return it to the grill for a minute or two.
This recipe also works well with chicken breasts.
Share this post
Products Related to this Recipe