What you need:
6½ tbsp Meridian Chocca Crunchy Chocolate Spread
- 6 tbsp ground roasted hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 to 2 tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
- Pinch salt
- 8 roasted, skinless hazelnuts
120g good quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- Chopped, roasted hazelnuts (optional)
Makes 8 truffles.
Stir together the chocolate spread, the roasted hazelnuts, cacao powder, maple syrup and salt until combined. Taste and adjust, if needed. Roll into balls with one roasted, skinless hazelnut placed in the centre (if you need to chill the ‘dough’ first to do this, then pop them in the fridge for 20 minutes). Place in the fridge to firm up for an hour.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain marie with the coconut oil, stirring smooth. Remove from the heat, then dunk the firmed up truffles into the chocolate. Sprinkle with hazelnuts, if using, then allow to set before eating and enjoy! Best served at room temperature.