Chunky Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cookies
What you need:
- 200g coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 250g Self Raising Flour
- 250g milk chocolate roughly chopped
- 130g Meridian Crunchy Richer Roast Peanut Butter
Heat the oven to 170C. Melt the butter and set aside to cool for a moment. In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and butter, until combined. Add the egg and yolk and continue to mix.
- Fold in the flour and when combined fold in ¾ of the chocolate. Briefly stir through ¾ of the peanut butter, leaving swirls visible.
- Use a tbsp measure to scoop dollops of mixture onto 2 or 3 non-stick baking sheets, making sure you leave plenty of room for them to expand when they cook.
- Poke a clean finger into each cookie to make a well in the centre and drizzle in a little of the remaining peanut butter. Then dot a few pieces of the remaining chocolate over the top of each.
- If you’re just cooking half now, put the other half of the cookies into a freezer container and freeze.
- Bake the remaining biscuits for 15 mins until they are cooked at the edges but still soft in the middle. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet then transfer to a baking rack. Keep them in an airtight tin.
When you want to cook the remaining cookies, put the frozen scoops onto an oven tray and cook in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until, like the first batch, they are cooked at the edges but still soft in the middle.