What you need:
- 340g cashew or coconut milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 60g apple puree
- 100g Meridian Gingernut Butter
- 2 tbsp Meridian maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 320g spelt flour (white or wholemeal)
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 190g coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1½ to 2 tsp cinnamon (to taste)
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger
- Pinch of cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 2 handfuls walnuts, crushed
- 4 tbsp coconut yoghurt and chopped apple to top
Preheat the oven to 180C and line a loaf tin. Whisk together the milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside for ten minutes.
Stir the apple puree, nut butter, maple syrup and vanilla into the milk. Place into a blender and pulse until combined and smooth.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flours, coconut sugar, baking powder, spices and salt. Fold in the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in the chopped apples and crushed walnuts.
- Pour into the prepared baking tin, then bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes, or until cooked through. Allow to cool completely, before topping with coconut yoghurt and fruits.
Products Related to this Recipe