Makes two -
What you need:
- 60ml white chia seeds
- 375ml cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tin full fat coconut cream
- 2 tbsp Meridian Pecan Butter, plus extra to decorate
- 2 tsp Meridian Maple Syrup
- 100g ripe strawberries and raspberries, plus extra to decorate
- 1tbsp desiccated coconut
- ½ tsp vanilla paste
- Combine the chia seeds and almond milk, stir well and leave in the fridge to soak, preferably overnight. Put the can of coconut cream into the fridge to chill overnight.
- The next day blend the chia mixture with the Pecan Butter, Maple Syrup and enough almond milk to make it the consistency of a thick shake. Scrape into a jug with a spatula. Blend the raspberries and strawberries in the same blender, no need to wash them first.
- Put the coconut into a dry frying pan and toast it gently until golden brown and tip into a bowl. Open the chilled coconut cream and spoon the thick cream into a bowl, leaving any coconut water behind. Whisk with an electric whisk until light and whipped. Add the vanilla paste and whisk again.
- To construct your Freakshake spread some extra Pecan Butter inside the glass and around the top edge. Dip the edge into the toasted coconut.
- Pour the fruit puree into the bottom of the glass, drizzling the insides of the glass too. Gently pour the pecan chia mixture on top then spoon the coconut cream on top. Decorate the top with the extra raspberries and strawberries, the remaining coconut and an extra drizzle of Pecan Butter.
- Serve on a saucer with a wide straw and a spoon.