Pistachio Butter Swirled Chocolate Bark
What you need:
- 250g 70 - 90% dark chocolate
- 60g (¼ cup) Meridian Pistachio Butter
- 1 tbsp (14g) coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp (40g) honey or Meridian Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
- 2 tbsp dried fruit of choice - I used a mixture of golden raisins, mulberries and cranberries
- 1 tbsp chopped nuts of choice - I used pistachio nuts
- Roughly chop chocolate. Melt chocolate in a microwave safe jug, 30 second increments, for a total of approximately 2 minutes, 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds or until fully melted. Alternatively place the jug into a large deep bowl. Pour boiling water into the bowl so that it comes up about halfway up the sides of the jug. Stir the chocolate every so often until melted. This will take longer than the microwave method.
- Melt coconut oil in the microwave or in a pan over a high heat. Mix with pistachio butter, honey or maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Line a small baking tray with non stick baking paper.
- Pour melted chocolate onto the tray. Spread a little with the back of a spoon. Spoon teaspoons of the pistachio mixture into the chocolate.
- Use a butter knife to swirl the pistachio butter mixture through the chocolate. Sprinkle with nuts and dried fruit. Leave to set for 3-4 hours at room temperature. You can put it into the fridge to speed things up a little. I prefer to leave it to set at room temperature so that the chocolate retains its shine!
- Break up into chunks once set. Once you don’t live in particularly warm climate store in a seal tight container out of direct sunlight for up to two weeks… otherwise store in the fridge in the same fashion for the same period of time… not that it will last that long!