What you need:
- 125g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp aquafaba (beaten)
- 300ml almond or coconut milk
- 1 small banana well mashed
- 2 tbsp Meridian Smooth Peanut Butter
- Mash together the banana and peanut butter until you have a smooth-ish thick paste. In a large bowl whisk the rest of the pancake ingredients until smooth then add the peanut butter and beat into the batter.
- Wipe a little oil over a heavy based, non-stick frying pan, skillet or bake stone and heat to a medium temperature.
- To make each pancake, pour 2 tablespoons of the mixture onto the pan so it forms a small circle. Cook until you see bubbles rising and the top begins to dry then flip over and cook the other side for a further minute. Cook 3 or 4 at a time depending on the size of the pan.
- Stack the pancakes on a warm plate in a low oven to keep warm while you’re cooking the rest. Serve with more sliced banana or some seasonal fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Top tip - The batter mix can be made in advance and stored in the fridge overnight so it’s ready for breakfast time.
Products Related to this Recipe