Cauliflower and Cashew Pizza
What you need:
- ½ medium cauliflower, approx 450g
- 2 tbsp Meridian Smooth Cashew Butter
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp ground garlic powder
- 5 tbsp of your choice of tomato sauce pizza topping
- 150g jar antipasti roast vegetables
- Few basil leaves and shavings of vegan Parmesan to serve
- Preheat oven to 200c/180C Fan. Whiz the cauliflower florets in a blender until they resemble rice. Tip the cauli into a muslin or thin tea towel and squeeze, hard, several times to extract as much water as possible
- Return to the blender, add the cashew butter, oregano and garlic powder, season and blend again until combined into a dough.
- Line an oven tray with non-stick baking paper . Tip the dough onto the tray and shape it into a circle approximately 8” wide. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Carefully run a pallet knife under the base to loosen from grease-proof paper.
- Spread with the tomato sauce return to the oven for 2 minutes. Drain the antipasti vegetables from their oil and quickly pat dry with some kitchen roll. Scatter the vegetables over the pizza along with a few basil leaves and Parmesan shavings.
Use a shop bought jar of pizza sauce to save time and freeze any left-overs for your next pizza.