Banana is a great dog-friendly fruit because it’s packed with vitamins and minerals – like potassium and vitamin C – and full of fibre (great for healthy poo). Bananas are high in sugar, so do save them as an occasional treat.
It’s best for your pup to enjoy peanut butter occasionally too, because it does contain fats, even if they are healthy ones. Make sure any peanut butter you choose is xylitol-free, like ours! Xylitol is an artificial sweetener found in some nut butters and it’s toxic to dogs.
So here is it… Our recipe with Tails.com for peanut butter and banana ice-cream! It’s great stuffed into a Kong, on a LickiMat, or just dished up in a bowl.
What you need:
- 1 peeled banana – the riper the better!
- 2 heaped tablespoons of Meridian Smooth Peanut Butter
- 200ml of dairy-free milk, like almond, oat or coconut
- 200ml of water
- (Optional) Dental Dailies – if you plan on sharing with your dog, we’d recommend leaving these out!
Makes 3 – 4 scoops or approx. 16 cube moulds
- Peel your banana (no skins please, they’re not easy to digest) and pop into a blender
- Add the Meridian Smooth Peanut Butter, dairy-free milk and water
- Blend until smooth
- Pour the mixture into a freezable container, like a paw mould or ice cube tray
- (Optional) Add a small piece of Dental Dailies if you want to make it into an ice lolly
- Pop it in the freezer until it’s ready
- Portion and serve!
Products Related to this Recipe