What you need:
- One ripe banana
- 125ml sparkling water
- 125ml plant milk of choice
- 2 tbsp Meridian Chocca Crunchy Chocolate Spread
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g spelt flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp Meridian Chocca Crunchy Chocolate Spread
- 20g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Plant milk of choice, to achieve desired texture (we used 8 tbsp)
- Place the banana, water, plant milk, Chocca, maple syrup and vanilla into a blender. Blitz until smooth and foamy. Add in the flour and baking powder, then blend again to combine. Set aside to thicken slightly for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, heat some oil or butter in a pan until melted and hot. On a medium to high heat, add spoonfuls of pancake mixture to the pan and cook until bubbling ( a few mins). Flip and cook on the other side - both sides should be golden and cooked through. Repeat with remaining mixture (tip: to keep pancakes warm, heat the oven on low and keep cooked pancakes inside, wrapped in kitchen roll)
- Makes the sauce by gently melting together the Chocca and the dark chocolate, stirring until well combined. Whisk in the milk, 1 tbsp at a time, until you reach desired texture. Serve your pancakes warm topped with drizzled of sauce and fresh berries.
Products Related to this Recipe