What you need:
For the carrots:
- 2 large, organic carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
For the hummus:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tbsp tahini
- Juice one - two lemons (to taste)
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 roasted carrots
- 2 tins chickpeas, drained (reserve aquafaba)
- ½ tsp - 1 tsp cumin (to taste)
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp turmeric (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
To roast your carrots, preheat the oven to 200C. Place chopped carrots onto a lined baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, or until golden and tender. Set aside to cool.
To make your hummus, blend together the garlic, tahini and lemon juice for a few minutes, until creamy. Add in the olive oil, roasted carrots and chickpeas, along with the spices, and blend once more. Add in the reserved aquafaba - one tablespoon at a time - and blend until you achieve your desired texture. Season to taste.
Store in an airtight container until ready to eat.
Products Related to this Recipe