Vegan Peanut Butter Cupcakes
What you need:
For the cupcakes
- 250g self raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 100g unrefined golden caster sugar
- 250ml almond milk
- 160g Meridian smooth peanut butter
- 100ml nut oil
For the frosting
- 100g Meridian smooth peanut butter
- 50g good quality unsweetened cocoa
- 200g unrefined icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 70ml almond milk
- Heat the oven to 160C and line a 12 hole muffin tin with cake cases. Combine the flour, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat together the almond milk, peanut butter and nut oil until smooth. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid. Stir gently until you have a smooth, thick mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the cake cases and bake for 20-25mins then set aside to cool.
- While the cakes are cooling make the frosting. Beat together all the ingredients to make a stiff smooth frosting. Once the cakes are cool spread or pipe the frosting on top. If the frosting is too stiff, add an extra splash of almond milk.
Cook’s tip - Add a sprinkle of desiccated coconut or some vegan sprinkles to decorate the top.