What you need:
- 4 small pumpkins or squash, tops and seeds removed
- 250g quinoa
- One vegetable stock cube
- 2-3 tbsp Meridian Pumpkin Seed Butter
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp pecans, chopped
- Large handful parsley, chopped
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the pumpkins - tops and seeds removed - on a roasting tray. Drizzle with a flash of olive oil, then sprinkle over a touch of salt and pepper (you can add your own herbs or spices, if desired!). Roast for 30 to 45 minutes, or until tender and lightly golden.
- In the meantime, cook your quinoa according to packet instructions, adding the vegetable stock cube to the cooking water. Once fluffy and light, drain off any water as needed and set aside.
- Once the pumpkins have cooked, turn the oven off and set them aside. Tip the quinoa into a pan on a low to medium heat. Stir through Meridian’s Pumpkin Seed Butter, cranberries, pecans and chopped parsley, and season to taste. Cook until heated through, then spoon into the pumpkins.
- Scatter over the pomegranate seeds and a touch more parsley. Eat warm.