What you need:
- 8 Amaretti biscuits
For the compote:
- 250g cherries, stoned (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 30g sugar
For the meringue:
- 4 tbsp aquafaba
- 60g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp Meridian Smooth Almond Butter
- Heat the oven to 160C/140C Fan/ Gas 3. Crush the amaretti biscuits and tip into the bottom of 4 ramekins or ovenproof bowls. To make the compote, heat the cherries, lemon juice and sugar, bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes until the cherries soften and the sauce becomes syrupy. Set aside to cool.
- In a clean bowl whisk the aquafaba to a soft peak, add half the sugar and continue to whisk till shiny. Add the remaining sugar bit by bit whilst whisking. In a separate bowl stir a spoonful of meringue into the almond butter to loosen it then tip it back into the meringue bowl and fold in gently to create a ripple effect.
- Divide the compote between the ramekins then pipe or spoon the meringue on top. Bake for 30 minutes until the meringue is puffed up and golden.