What you need:
- 8 Amaretti biscuits
For the compote:
- 250g cherries, stoned (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 30g sugar
For the meringue:
- 4 tbsp aquafaba
- 60g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp Meridian Smooth Almond Butter
- Heat the oven to 160C/140C Fan/ Gas 3. Crush the amaretti biscuits and tip into the bottom of 4 ramekins or ovenproof bowls. To make the compote, heat the cherries, lemon juice and sugar, bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes until the cherries soften and the sauce becomes syrupy. Set aside to cool.
- In a clean bowl whisk the aquafaba to a soft peak, add half the sugar and continue to whisk till shiny. Add the remaining sugar bit by bit whilst whisking. In a separate bowl stir a spoonful of meringue into the almond butter to loosen it then tip it back into the meringue bowl and fold in gently to create a ripple effect.
- Divide the compote between the ramekins then pipe or spoon the meringue on top. Bake for 30 minutes until the meringue is puffed up and golden.
Products Related to this Recipe