This delicious home-made barbeque sauce is made with a blast of Chipotle chilli for added smoky flavour. Brush over veggie kebabs before throwing them on the barbeque or use as a dip for sweet potato wedges.
Makes: 1 jar
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
What You Need:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 100ml cider vinegar
- 90ml Meridian date syrup
- 1½ tsp mustard powder
- 1½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Meridian yeast extract
- 2 tsp chipotle paste
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 350ml passata
- 75ml Meridian molasses
- 70g unrefined dark brown sugar
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan and gently cook the onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes until soft.
- Add all the other ingredients and bring to a simmer while stirring. Simmer for 10 minutes until the sugar had dissolved and the sauce has become thick. Use straight away or store in the fridge.
Products Related to this Recipe