Almond Butter Brownies
What you need:
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 250g self raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 60g cocoa powder
- 300g coconut sugar
- 100ml almond milk
- 130g coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp Meridian Almond butter
- Pour 150ml warm water over the ground flax seed, stir and set aside.
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan and line a 20cm x 20cm oven dish with grease-proof paper.
- In a bowl combine the flour, salt, cocoa and sugar.
- Add the almond milk, coconut oil and flax-seed mixture. Mix well and pour into the prepared tin.
- Drizzle the almond butter over the top of the brownie and use the tip of a knife or a skewer to swirl into a pattern.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is firm but the inside is still squidgy. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes then use the grease-proof paper to lift onto a cooling rack.
- When cool, cut into 16 pieces and serve or keep in an airtight tin.
The trick to getting a squidgy brownie is to take it out of the oven just before you think it’s cooked. The top should be firm but it should still have a very slight wobble in the center.