Overnight Cardamom & Coconut Oats with Chia Jam
What you need:
For the jam:
- 500g red fruits, fresh or frozen
- 4-5 tbsp Meridian maple syrup, to taste
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp lemon juice
For the Oats:
- 5 tbsp rolled oats
- Seeds of 1 cardamom pod crushed in a pestle
- 1tbsp Meridian coconut and almond butter or Meridian coconut and peanut butter
- 2 tsp Meridian maple syrup
- 150ml almond milk
Fruit to serve
- To make chia jam, combine the fruit with Meridian maple syrup and gently simmer for 10 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and the chia seeds and lemon juice, stir well and continue to cook for 10 minutes until thickened. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- To make the overnight oats, mix together the oats and cardamom. Beat the Meridian Coconut and Peanut Butter (or Meridian Coconut and Almond Butter) and Meridian maple syrup into the almond milk and tip over the oats. Stir well, cover and leave to soak overnight (or at least for 2 hrs).
- In the morning layer the oats and some of the jam into a jar or swirl in a bowl and top with fresh fruit.