Vegan Almond Butter Risotto
What you need:
- 1kg Butternut Squash, chopped into bite size chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 250g Pearled Spelt or Barley
- 1300ml vegetable stock
- 2tbsp Meridian Smooth almond butter
- 8 -10 Sage leaves, finely sliced
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan. Chop the squash and put it in a roasting tin, toss in 1 tbsp of oil and season. Roast for 25-30 minutes until browned at the edges.
- When the squash has been roasting for 10 minutes, heat the remaining oil over a medium heat and cook the onion for 5 minutes then add the garlic. Continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes until all is soft but not browned.
- Tip in the Spelt or Barley and stir to coat in oil. Tip in half of the stock and stir until it's absorbed. Continue adding half of the remaining stock and stir until absorbed. Check that the grain is cooked through, if not then add more stock until it’s done.
- Stir in the Almond Butter until it's blended. Stir in the sage leaves and the now roasted squash. Taste and season. Serve immediately