Roast Winter Veg and Quinoa Buddha Bowl
What you need:
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and chopped into bite size pieces
- Handful of cauliflower florets, approx 150g
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced into 2cm disks
- 1 tbsp oil
- 100g quinoa
- 1 avocado
- 4 brussel sprouts
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
For the dressing:
- ½ clove garlic, grated
- ½ cm ginger, grated
- ½ tsp miso paste
- ½ tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Meridian Peanut Butter with Seeds
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan. Put the sweet potato, cauliflower and carrot in a large roasting tray, drizzle with the oil and season well. Roast in the hot oven for 30 minutes, shaking the tray halfway through to shuffle the veg.
- While the veg is cooking put the quinoa in a saucepan with double the depth of water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. When the quinoa is cooked drain any remaining water.
- Make the dressing by mixing together all of the ingredients with 3 tbsp hot water until smooth.
- Slice the avocado, finely shred the sprouts and toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry frying pan.
- In two large deep bowls, build the dish in sections, piling the roast veg in one side then add a mound of quinoa, some slices of avocado and pile of sprouts. Scatter over the toasted seeds and drizzle with dressing.
Notes: To cut down on the activity time, use a pack of microwave quinoa instead of cooking it from raw. It will take 1 minute rather than 15.