What you need:
- 2 cups ground nuts (we love macadamia and almonds)
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp Meridian Richer Roast Smooth Peanut Butter
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
For the filling:
- 2 x 400g tins full-fat coconut milk, chilled in fridge overnight
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-2 tsp vanilla paste (to taste)
- 500g strawberries, hulled and sliced
Start by making your coconut cream. Scoop the solid “cream” from each tin of coconut milk, reserving the leftover water for smoothies. Beat with the maple syrup and vanilla and place in the fridge to firm back up.
Make the base by melting together the coconut oil, peanut butter and maple syrup until smooth, then stir in the vanilla. Stir together all dry ingredients - the ground nuts, oat flour, coconut sugar and salt - then fold in the peanut butter mixture. Mix until well combined, then press into the base of a loose-bottomed tart tin (suggest a 20cm tin). Place in the fridge overnight to completely firm up, or place in the freezer for 20 minutes to speed things up.
Spoon coconut cream into the tart base, then top with the prepared strawberries. Enjoy immediately, or store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Products Related to this Recipe