Super Crunchy Rich Roast Cownies (that’s cookie dough brownies to us!)
Makes For many people, cut up smaller for more!
Takes 35-45 minutes
What you needFor the brownie:
- 3/4 cup coconut oil or butter
- 160g dark chocolate, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup aquafaba
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- One tin black beans, drained
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 5 tbsp cacao
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
For the peanut butter cookie dough:
- 5 tbsp Meridian Rich Roast Super Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 5 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp aquafaba
- 3-4 tbsp Meridian Rich Roast Super Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Start by preheating your oven to 160C, then line a brownie tin.
- Make your cookie dough filling by mixing together all ingredients. Set aside.
- To make your brownies, gently melt your coconut oil or butter in a saucepan. Remove from the heat, then tip in the chocolate chunks. Cover with a tea towel and allow to stand for a few minutes. Whisk smooth until the chocolate has completely melted, then mix in the aquafaba and coconut sugar and set aside for a few minutes.
- Tip the black beans into a high-speed blender. Pour in the melted chocolate mixture, then blend on high until completely smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients (the coconut flour, bicarb, cacao, salt and baking powder). Pour in the black bean mix and fold until combined. Allow to stand for five minutes to thicken slightly.
- Spoon your brownie mixture into your prepared tin, then add dollops of the cookie dough. Mix into the brownie mixture so that there is cookie dough throughout the brownie, then spoon on top your additional tablespoons of Meridian Super Crunchy Rich Roast Peanut Butter.
- Place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes, or until the brownie is firm on top but slightly gooey inside. Remove from the oven and allow to cool, then place in the fridge until ready to cut and enjoy.