What You Need:
For the pesto:
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 2 tbsp Meridian Almond Butter (Crunchy or Smooth)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh mint and basil leaves
- Drop of lemon juice (optional)
To create the sandwich:
- 2 slices of wholegrain bread
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 slices of vegan mozzarella
- 2 tbsp grated vegan cheddar
To make your pesto, blend the almond butter with the sundried tomatoes until a paste forms. Add a splash of oil, if needed. Add remaining ingredients and then season to taste. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Once ready to make the sandwich, spread a tablespoon of pesto on each slice of bread. Layer with the mozzarella, tomato and sprinkle over the grated cheddar. Place into a grill and cook until toasted and the cheese begins to melt. Eat immediately!
Products Related to this Recipe