What you need:
300g Sweet potato, peeled and chopped into bite size chunks
- 400g tin of Borlotti beans, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp yeast spread
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp Meridian Crunchy/Smooth Almond butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- Flour to dust
- Buns, lettuce, roast peppers, onion rings, hot sauce and extra Almond butter to serve
- Boil a kettle, pour the water into a saucepan and carefully add the sweet potato. Cook for 8 minutes until tender. Drain well.
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan. Put all of the ingredients except the oil into a food processor and season well. Blend, stopping when the mixture still has some texture.
- Tip the mixture out, divide into 4, flour your hands to shape into ‘burgers’ and lay on a flour dusted plate.
- Pour the oil into a large frying pan, heat and cook the burgers for 8 minutes on each side until well browned. Serve in buns with lettuce, roast peppers, onion rings, hot sauce and extra almond butter.
Note: Use a spatula to carefully turn the burgers, if they start to spread use the spatula to nudge back into shape.