Almond Butter & Raspberry Jam French Toast
What you need (serves 2):
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup tofu, mashed
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1.5 tbsp Meridian Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 4 slices thick, crusty bread (preferably a day or two old)
To serve -
- Raspberry chia jam or raspberry jam
- Almond butter
- Coconut yoghurt
- Fresh raspberries
- Flaked almonds
- Maple syrup
- To make your French toast batter, blend together the milk, almond butter, tofu, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla until smooth. Pour into a large mixing bowl, then stir in the flax. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat a griddle pan on a medium heat. Brush lightly with coconut oil. Alternatively, you can melt some coconut oil (around 1-2 tsp) in a regular frying pan.
- Soak each slice of your bread (on both sides) in the mixture for around 20 seconds.
- Place the bread on your griddle or pan and fry until golden (2-4 minutes). Flip and repeat on the remaining side, with all of your bread.
- Serve warm slathered with almond butter and jam and topped with berries, coconut yoghurt, maple syrup and flaked almonds.