What you need:
- 2 slices wholegrain bread
- 2 heaped tbsp Meridian Peanut Butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1½ tbsp chia jam
- 20g dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 1 tsp vegan butter, melted (optional)
For the chia jam:
- 250g raspberries or hulled strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2½ tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Start by making the chia jam. Heat the berries in a pan on a low to medium heat until the berries begin to break down (3-5 minutes). Remove from the heat, then stir in the remaining ingredients and allow to thicken and cool for 20 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
To make your sandwich, lightly toast or grill the two slices of bread first. Spread the peanut butter on each slice of bread, then spread over the chia jam and sprinkle the chocolate. Sandwich the two slices, then brush the melted butter over the bread, if using.
Place the sandwich in a heated grill and heat until the chocolate has melted and the bread is completely toasted. Enjoy warm!
Products Related to this Recipe