What you need:
- 120ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 ripe medium sized bananas, mashed
- 6 tbsp Meridian Gingernut Butter
- 4 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 50g coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp Meridian maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
For the dry ingredients -
- 250g white spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Large pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or more, to taste)
- ¾ tsp ginger (or more, to taste)
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 150g dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 180C, then lightly grease a Bundt tin.
Whisk together the coconut milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside for 10 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, stir together the mashed bananas, melted butter, gingernut butter, vanilla, coconut sugar and maple syrup. Whisk in the milk until just combined.
In a separate bowl, stir together the spelt flour, baking powder, salt and spices. Fold the wet mixture in until combined.
Stir through the dark chocolate chips. Pour into the Bundt tin and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until cooked through and firm on top. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Products Related to this Recipe